Yumi on the coast

Nothing a douse of garlic chili pepper sauce can't fix.

Friday, November 03, 2006

A public service announcement by yours truly that has nothing to do with Southeast Asia.

A message I sent four days ago to a friend:

To:[My friend] (CSU Fullerton)
Subject:
Message:How I can't stop singing the praises of acne.org! How I love my newly clear skin! How I love the fact that I don't even wear colored foundation anymore!

I feel more alive! Hotter! Heck, I feel like a better person!

I share with you because you are the only person I know who understands!



--

As far as physical qualities go, God has been kindly to me. I have decent capacity of all five senses and as much as I would have liked an excuse to bear a rusty metal hook for my left hand and go completely apeshit on society, I don't have any horrible physical deformities that would relegate me to the status of the lackey family member who eats fishheads in the attic.

However, God has decided to test the extent of my mental endurance by giving me bad skin. Which has lead to many awkward years of trials, tribulations and concealer.

Which is why when a certain wonderful friend of mine (Hi Hans!) whose opinion I always trust started raving about the skin care regime found on Acne.org, I figured, oh, why the hell not?

Anyway, long story short, it's been about three weeks and it works really well. One day, I was walking to class carrying all my sketchbooks and I accidentally took my glasses off, and the class president asked me out on a date! And then I was elected Prom Queen! And then I realized that it's important to stay true to yourself at the expense of superficial popularity!

I won't be a spokesperson for any Neutrogena ads anytime soon, but my skin hasn't been this happy since I was, oh, I don't know, twelve.

If you're the rest of the 99 percent of the population who doesn't have beautiful, gorgeous skin every day, try it! And tell me about how wonderfully it worked for you. Then we can get drinks at the local pub and crow about our newly improved faces while trying to pick up members of the opposite sex.