Yumi on the coast

Nothing a douse of garlic chili pepper sauce can't fix.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The land of infinite Pocky flavors.

How my working in Japan after I graduate is a win-win situation for everyone:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For myself:
A chance to postpone finding a real career for at least one year while not starving myself. I will also finally conquer my subconscious penis-envy by eating a whole package of Men's Pocky and growing a moustache.

For my parents:
They will be thrilled that I want to spend time in the motherland. They will also happily convince themselves that I will come back from my work experience more Japanese and engaged with a very Japanese husband.

For my friends:
They will have a place to crash for free when they visit me.

For Japan:
They will have claimed yet another consumer culture-whore. Hello, Hello Kitty!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For Tadanobu Asano:
He doesn't know it yet, but the mental parcels of love I telepathically send him will be received even more strongly now that I will be in greater geographical vicinity of him.

The only people who lose:
The legions of imaginary admirers who will all commit mass suicide upon my imminent departure. Either that, or beat their hairy chests while howling in enraged anguish: "WHY, YUMI, WHYYYY?!?!?!?!"