Yumi on the coast

Nothing a douse of garlic chili pepper sauce can't fix.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

We like new.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I finally bought a new sketchbook and a black marker from the university bookstore, which has been long overdue.

There is always something very exciting for me about starting on a new sketchbook. I can't help but wonder what big and momentous life event I will be drawing about next. Something big and momentous and life-changing always happens in the duration of every sketchbook.

My last sketchbook began on December 9, 2005 and it's somewhat of a relief to put it away. I am happy for all the blank pages that are waiting to be filled in this new one.

--

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am almost done with this book. I still have a lot more to write about Cambodia.

--

Because I am a semi-regular volunteer at the Communicable Diseases Center, I was invited to go to the 9th anniversary celebration dinner of the Patient Care Centre Committee, which CDC is under.

Few things are as inspiring as knowing that there are good people out there working hard to ensure the well-being of less fortunate people. Plus, you can't beat spending a Friday night going to a free event that has free food.

I'm sad that tomorrow will probably be my last day volunteering at CDC. This has probably been one of my more rewarding experiences during my stay in Singapore.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is me with Professor Teo, the person who got me into volunteering at CDC in the first place. He's a sweet man who owns an Astro Boy watch!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some of the other volunteers whom I see on the sporadic Saturdays that I am able to volunteer. I wish I had a chance to get to know many of them better. We're a cute bunch.