Yumi on the coast

Nothing a douse of garlic chili pepper sauce can't fix.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Pictures from CDC.

I stole these pictures today when I went to CDC. They were taken two weeks ago.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Look at the handsome fellas I get to sometimes volunteer with every sporadic Saturday! (One of them is a priest-in-training, by the way, and I suspect that the rest of them are gay. Shame.) By the way, I'm holding a chocolate ball in my head. The woman with the camera caught me unguarded so the only choice I had left was to hold the ball of chocolate awkwardly in front of me. Mmmm, chocolate.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Soup.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gloves.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I learned today that the massage oil we use to massage the AIDS patients cost twenty five dollars a bottle. Dude, that's expensive.

--

The best part of volunteering at CDC? Meeting really great people. Spending time with AIDS patients. Honing my massaging skills.

The worst part? The sterile smell of latex gloves on my hands afterwards. Plus, I always feel immensely exhausted by the time it's time for me to go home. One of my really good friends who took a massage course said that there is this holistic theory that when you give people massages, you are absorbing some of the negative energy that is released from your patient's body when you ease the tension in his or her muscles. I don't have a hard time believing that.

--

I need a massage. Someone needs to beat the shit out of my poor, tense back.