Yumi on the coast

Nothing a douse of garlic chili pepper sauce can't fix.

Friday, November 10, 2006

I love kids drawings.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Why yes, I have been enjoying my stay, thank you very much!

Things I've been up to:

- Weekend getaway to Tiomann, a scenic island beach off the coast of Malaysia. Got a lot of good snorkeling and general beach-ing done.

- Hanging out with Toubi and her friend Ai, who came to visit from Tokyo for a week.

- Went to the Biennale exhibition at Tanglin Camp, some of which involved walking in very drenching rain with no umbrella.

- Gloating over the fact that I changed one dreadfully dull class to Pass / No Pass.

I know, what a fake update of a post. I will write something substantial more later. I promise.

--

My days here are numbered. Which further fuels my rationale to eat as much cheap Singaporean food as my budget allows. I'm kind of torn between wanting and not wanting to leave. The decision, of course, has already been made for me.

Just as how the idea of coming to Singapore was an abstract, faraway concept in the days leading to my departure, the idea of coming home is, well, strange. It's too huge of a rupture in the geographical location and everyday rhythm of living that I've come to know as well as my own skin. Something's waiting for me when I finally come home, I'm just not sure what.