Yumi on the coast

Nothing a douse of garlic chili pepper sauce can't fix.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Too much debauchery.

Highlights of today:


Making a pilgrimage to the east coast of the island to eat some good sea food. Had black pepper crab, chili crab, and sting ray (texture of tough fish) with three other EAP people. By the time I was done, my lips and tongue were numb with spiciness. I am satisified. They had frog legs, which hopefully I will experience before I leave this country.


Happy birthday, Singapore! Singapore is 41 years old today. I wore my red and white spaghetti tank top in commemoration of this wonderful event. Singapore is such a harsh young mistress with so many arbitrary rules. Quite sexy and domineering, this Singapore. Singapore really knows how to crack the whip and cane. Rarrr!


Went to Double-O, a club / bar that is not good for the liver. Wednesday is lady's night in Singapore, which means that you get free entrance and in some cases, free drinks if you are endowed with the double-X chromosome. I drank far more than I should have. Excessive drinking is bad. When will I ever learn? Woe is the ignorance of the young.

I've only been in this country for a week, and I am already itching to visit another country. Such wanderlust. I am so young (and so not sober.)

Peace out.